The members of the Event Planning Committee quarterback the chapter’s logistical efforts in setting up and executing events. In this capacity, they represent the chapter in negotiations with external vendors (e.g. caterers, venues) and event contributors (e.g. guest speakers, performers). Ideal candidates will have experience with events or logistics either professionally or through other volunteer experiences and have the ability to stay organized with all the details of the event.
Number of positions open: 3
Key owned responsibilities:
- Plan all operational aspects of NYYP’s annual social and content events (~7-8 events a year):
- Lead search for venues
- Negotiate contracts with all event vendors (incl. food and drink, service staff, A/V, and entertainment)
- Develop project plans for event logistics and oversee team / volunteer scheduling
- Maintain and update vendor contacts database
- Coordinate with the Fundraising Committee to build relationships with vendor/event sponsors (i.e. food/liquor sponsors) prior to events
- Create event venue database for various types of events – Annual Gala, social and content events along with pricing and data points from other organizations that might have had an event at the venue
Key shared responsibilities:
- Development of event marketing materials, in collaboration with Marketing and Fundraising Committees
- Specific ownership of event logistics information
- Determine budget and pricing for events, working with Chapter Leaders and Finance Team
- Partner with the Fundraising group to help secure event sponsors – i.e. liquor, caterer, photo, DJ
- Liaise with Content team to create content based events (more from a events planning scope – securing approriate space/vendors/etc)
- Work with Members Council to help organize Board and Members Council social events
- All board members are expected to support fundraising, development and marketing initiatives
To apply for a position on the Event Planning committee, please email your resume and a brief statement (200-250 words each) answering the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday, September 9th.
- Please describe your interest in joining AIF and the NYYP Board.
- Please describe your interest and background in Events Planning. What kind of experience do you have with events or logistics either professionally or through other volunteer experiences?
- What ideas do you have for engaging social events for our upcoming fiscal year?
- Due to strong interest in each position, there are often many qualified candidates for a limited number of positions. If we are not able to offer you a position on our Event Planning Committee, would you be interested in joining another committee? If so, which ones in particular?