The members of the Finance Committee help track and report the financial status of the NYYP Chapter. They assist in the planning of events and engagement efforts by providing budgeting and financial evaluation support. Additionally, they help manage the chapter’s payments strategy and also liaise with the parent AIF Finance department. Candidates should have experience with Excel: building sensitivities, models, graphs, payment trackers, etc, and the ability to complete ad-hoc projects. In addition, committee members will dedicate time to check ticketing systems, sending invoices, etc. Candidates will need to have access to these types of payment processing websites during the work day.
Number of positions open: 3
Key owned responsibilities:
- Assist in developing budget, profit and loss, and invoices for each event, including invoicing attendees for payment of any items purchased at events
- Assist in managing online ticketing/payment processing website (i.e. Eventbrite, et al)
- Produce periodic financial reports pre- and post-events
- Interface with AIF Finance department pre- and post-events to facilitate sending tax donation letters to donors and attendees
- Monitor and report ticket sales and donations during ticket selling period prior to events
- Keep track of cash box and ensure sufficient cash is available at events to provide change
- Implement method to track demographics and trending of event attendees and supporters
- Keep abreast of the developing technologies around payment processing and event websites and implement the most cost effective solution
Key shared responsibilities:
- Set annual and event-specific financial goals with Chapter Leaders
- Develop ways to improve tracking of audience demographics with Marketing team
- Actively work with the core team to manage ticketing and auctions at events
- All board members are expected to support fundraising, development and marketing initiatives
To apply for a position on the Finance committee, please email your resume and a brief statement (200-250 words each) answering the following questions to email@example.com by midnight on Sunday, September 9th.
- Please describe your interest in joining AIF and the NYYP Board.
- Please discuss your interest in the Finance committee. What is your experience with Excel, financial models, and with budgeting and tracking revenues?
- Do you have any ideas of new technologies or software that can be used to better track our costs/revenues?
- Due to strong interest in each position, there are often many qualified candidates for a limited number of positions. If we are not able to offer you a position on our Finance Committee, would you be interested in joining another committee? If so, which ones in particular?