The members of the Fundraising Committee are charged with building new relationships with companies and individuals within the community and with deepening the existing network that supports the chapter. Their dedicated support helps to raise awareness for AIF and the NYYP chapter’s philanthropic mission, as well as lay the groundwork for the chapter’s fundraising success. Candidates should have the ability to bring in new contacts via corporate sponsorships, live and silent auction item donations and other fundraising initiatives. Additionally, candidates will be required to support all administrative functions of the Fundraising Committee.
Number of positions open: 2
Key owned responsibilities:
Develop and maintain relationships with Corporate and Event Sponsors
- Initiate and maintain the process to receive corporate sponsorships
- Work with Event Planning Committee to secure Event Sponsors (i.e. food/liquor sponsors)
- Focus on raising awareness of NYYP’s mission amongst the Sponsor base
- Plan and coordinate Sponsor acknowledgement and appreciation initiative
Develop and maintain relationships with Individual and Business Donors
- Drive and track core group fundraising efforts
- Oversee and develop fundraising drives and initiatives (i.e. Holiday Drive)
- Lead the outreach process with local businesses and corporations for auction item procurement for events
- Orgranize and oversee all event-related fundraising activities (i.e. raffles, pledge cards)
General and Administrative Responsibilities
- Identifiy additional fundraising opportunities and grow relationships
- Maintain and update Corporate and Individual donor contacts database
- Maintain and update auction item acquisition tracker
- Interface with Marketing Committee to create donor outreach correspondence
- Interface with board members to obtain corporate sponsorships and auction items
- Interface with Finance Committee post event to distribute auction items and oversee payments
To apply for a position on the Fundraising Committee, please email your resume and a brief statement (200-250 words each) answering the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday, September 9th.
- Please describe your interest in joining AIF and the NYYP Board.
- Can you describe any relevant experience that might be beneficial in a fundraising role?
- Mindful of AIF’s current fundraising strategies, are there any types of fundraising events and strategies that you think the NYYP chapter should adopt?
- Much of the fundraising role involves coordinating with other core group committees to achieve annual goals. Please describe how you would collaborate with the Marketing Committee to develop potential ways to communicate fundraising goals to our target audience.
- Due to strong interest in each position, there are often many qualified candidates for a limited number of positions. If we are not able to offer you a position on our Fundraising Committee, would you be interested in joining another committee? If so, which ones in particular?