The Organizational Development and Administration (OD&A) Committee focuses on the strategic development and efficient operation of the chapter itself. Collaborating closely with the Chapter Leaders and all board members, the OD&ACommittee identifies areas for improvement and facilitates the implementation of these improvements. The committee also manages the chapter’s records and best practices documentations.
Number of positions open: 1
Key owned responsibilities:
- Identify areas for organizational efficiency or effectiveness improvement
- Develop strategies and execution plans for implementing organizational improvements
- Produce meeting minutes for all meetings and share with other YP and parent chapters
- Develop and maintain the chapter’s best practices documentation
Key shared responsibilities:
- Liaise with National YP contacts in coordination with Chapter Leaders
- Work with all committees and Chapter Leaders to develop annual strategic goals and initiatives across the group
- Assist the Chapter Leaders with HR matters as needed
- Contribute perspective to the board on matters involving consistency and quality of operations across functional committees, over time, and in congruence with the parent organization’s standards
- Ad-hoc responsibilities to assist other board members with work flow
- All board members are expected to support fundraising, development and marketing initiatives
To apply for a position on the OD&A Committee, please email your resume and a brief statement (200-250 words each) answering the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on Sunday, September 9th.
- Please describe your interest in joining AIF and the NYYP Board.
- The OD&A role involves assisting most of the other committees with their specific tasks and responsibilities. How might you go about partnering with the various members of the board? Please provide examples of collaborative projects you’ve taken on in the past.
- Please highlight a few ways the NYYP could improve its operations and discuss any initiatives you would like to see the chapter implement?
- Due to strong interest in each position, there are often many qualified candidates for a limited number of positions. If we are not able to offer you a position on our OD&A Committee, would you be interested in joining another committee? If so, which ones in particular?